Coffee contains 98 % water. This means that fresh cold water is essential to achieving perfect coffee results. Heating the water causes calcium to be deposited. Unless the water is filtered this will result in a narrowing of the water pipes or even calcification of the thermoblock.
As a consequence
- it will then be impossible to heat the water to the desired temperature
- the water may have an insipid aftertaste
- extraction of the coffee into the cup will no longer be even
- the quality of the crema will be affected
- service and operating costs get higher
- the energy consumption increases
The intelligent solution
JURA offers an intelligent solution: CLEARYL filter cartridges, developed specifically for automatic coffee machines.
- The water is optimally prepared for coffee-making, with a pH that is neutral for coffee.
- The CLEARYL filter cartridge protects the machine against calcium deposits and extends its lifetime.
- Ensures consistently high water quality and therefore coffee quality.
- The machine does not need to be descaled.
The professional up-flow principle
The CLEARYL filter cartridge is based on the up-flow principle. During the coffeemaking process the water is drawn in and rises upwards through the filter. The slats on the base of the cartridge prevent large particles from entering.
- You always have exactly the right quantity of freshly filtered water required for your coffee.
- You never end up with stagnant, previously filtered water where bacteria can breed.
- The up-flow principle ensures that the filter works to optimum effect.
- The minerals and fluorides that are important for health are retained.